- This is not a state-qualifier tournament, and thus playing in this tournament will not affect a player’s rating. A player’s rating will be used for pairing of teams.
- Teams are comprised of 2 players. Your child should come prepared with a creative 1- or 2-word team name. There will be a special prize for the best team name.
- Players without a teammate on entry will be assigned a teammate based on grade level.
- There will be one playing section, but awards will be in 3 sections based upon the highest grade level of a team.
- Official tournament time is 9am – 1pm.
- If you have a chess clock, please bring it with you. Thank you in advance.
- Parking will be available in the lot at St. Paul’s Academy Markell Hall (1509 E. Victor St.) If the parking lot fills up, additional parking will be available on the street and at St. Paul’s Academy Lower School (3000 Northwest Avenue). Parking is free.
- The school’s gym bleachers will be open and available for parent seating during the tournament. You may bring a cushion or stadium seat, if you wish. Parents will be able to view the tournament from the bleachers. A quieter area with tables will also be available. There will be no public wifi in the building.
- There will be a concession stand with snacks and lunch items. More information will be posted/emailed to registered families closer to the tournament date. The stand will accept major credit cards and cash.