- This is a state-qualifier tournament, and playing in this tournament will affect a player’s rating.
- There will be three playing sections: K-2, 3-5, and 6-8.
- Trophies will be awarded for the top five players in each section and the top three teams/schools overall. A team’s score is calculated by adding the top 5 results from a school.
- Players competing for the first time in a state-qualifier tournament will be recognized at the awards ceremony and earn a participation medal.
- Players who win three games qualify to play in the 2019 Washington State Elementary Chess Championship, and they will be recognized at the awards ceremony and earn a small trophy.
- Official tournament time is 9am – 3pm.
- Parking will be available in the lot at St. Paul’s Academy Markell Hall (1509 E. Victor St.) If the parking lot fills up, additional parking will be available on the street and at St. Paul’s Academy Lower School (3000 Northwest Avenue). Parking is free.
- Unlike the Bughouse Tournament, the school’s gym bleachers will be closed this time, and the entire gym area will be a quiet zone. Players will play in the gym, and only players and judges will be allowed inside the gym.
- Additional areas with tables for parents will be available. You may bring a folding chair for seating in these areas, if you wish. There will be no public wifi in the building.
- There will be a concession stand with snacks, drinks, and Port of Subs sandwiches. The stand will accept major credit cards and cash.